We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Transport sector and will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. The role is full time.
Ward Civil & Environmental Engineering is a leading civil engineering and remediation contractor in the Sydney market with a range of top tier clients including Transport for NSW, Sydney Airport Corporation, Northern Beaches Council, City of Sydney, Western Sydney Parklands and Lendlease Building. With a history spanning 50 years, we are proud of our culture, our commitment to safety and the service that we provide to our clients. With offices in Sydney and Newcastle and a workforce in excess of 150, we pride ourselves on the technical capabilities of our experienced construction staff.
Engineers that have extensive Earthworks experience in conjunction with Transport experience would be highly regarded. A proven track history at a Tier 2 level is preferred. Experience with utilities would be advantageous. There is the potential for the incumbent to fast track their career if they prove themselves capable of doing so.
Responsibilities will be varied and will encompass the areas of Organisation and Planning, Formal Communication, Safety in the Workplace, Environmental Controls, Quality, Human Resources and Financial.
- Assist with on-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- Responsible for RFI and submittal process
- Processes owner billings and project related accounting issues
- Develop construction methodologies and method statements
- Demonstrate management and co-ordination of multiple subcontractors, sometimes engaged directly by the Client
- Develop commercial skills by managing subcontractors and reviewing and assessing claims
- Develop site specific Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- 2+ years engineering experience at site engineer or project engineer level
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Experience with Earthwork or in the Transport space is a huge advantage
At Ward we offer the opportunity to develop a career in a successful and growing civil infrastructure business that values diversity, inclusion, innovation and personal growth across its workforce and retains the family first culture upon which the business was founded. If you share these values and seek a rewarding and challenging career, apply now by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted 29/09/2023, 5:19PM //Apply//