There is nothing more important to us than the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and those that we work with. We believe that all people should return home safely from their place of work and recognise that the civil construction industry has its own inherent risks. The directors, management, and staff of Ward are committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment and we acknowledge tha
t this is a shared obligation for all personnel within the organisation. Ward holds accreditation with the Office of Federal Safety Commissioners (“OFSC”).
Ward’s comprehensive Workplace Health & Safety (“WHS”) Policy sets out the responsibilities of all employees and contractors engaged by Ward in the delivery of our services with respect to preventing incidents, accidents and occupational illnesses.
Ward’s greatest asset is its people and we continually strive for the elimination of injuries to our employees and our subcontractor’s employees. Our Corporate WHS Management System is designed to meet the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and incorporates documentation, implementation, maintenance and communication through our Corporate Business Management system. All directors, managers, supervisors, employees and subcontractors are responsible and accountable for the health and safety of our workplaces. We have undertaken to provide training to all of our staff in both their legal responsibilities and the operation of the management system.
- 2018 MBA Excellence in Construction Award for Site Safety – Civil Construction for Crown Resort Stage 1C Bulk Excavation, Barangaroo
Our Quality Management System is certified to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Ward’s commitment to quality is demonstrated by the various industry awards:
- 2020 MBA Large Civil Construction Business of the Year
- 2018 MBA National Civil/Infrastructure Award < $25M for McCarrs Creek Road Upgrade, Church Point
- 2018 MBA NSW Excellence in Construction Award for Civil Engineering Projects – Open Price Category for McCarrs Creek Road Upgrade, Church Point
- 2005 CCF National Award for Scots Church Redevelopment
Ward recognises that the business of civil engineering construction is amongst those industries that can have a significant impact on the environment. Our comprehensive Environmental Management System reflects our priority of ensuring that we are an environmentally friendly corporate citizen.
Our Environmental Management System (EMS) is accredited to ISO 14001:2015. Ward’s EMS has also been accredited by the NSW Government Construction Policy Committee since 1999 and we are a licensed WorkCover NSW Class A and B Asbestos Contractor (licence number AD204404).
Ward’s commitment to the environment is evidenced by the industry awards that it has received for its superior attention to environmental management:
- 2018 MBA NSW Excellence in Environment for McCarrs Creek Road Upgrade, Church Point
- 2016 CCF NSW Earth Award for WestConnex, St Peters Interchange Site Preparation
- 2013 CCF ACT Earth Award for Eastern Valley Way Inlet, Belconnen
- 2003 CCF NSW Earth Award for Greystanes Estate Development
- 1998 CCF NSW Earth Award for Lady Robinson Beach Restoration Works
Ward undertakes environmental monitoring and auditing in accordance with every project that it undertakes.
At Ward, we strive to deliver ideal outcomes for our clients. Our technical and managerial experience ensures that our works are carried out within the limits of the specification and in accordance with the design. We are program focused, with a commitment to finishing on time and within budget. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and fostering a close relationship through the entire construction process; from planning and development, all the way through to construction and delivery. We deal with all of our clients in good faith and believe that openness and honesty drives superior outcomes for all parties.
We believe that civil engineering is the creative application of science to solve the infrastructure needs of humanity in our natural environment. Our point of difference is our ability to think laterally and provide smart solutions to our clients.
Integrity in our relationships
We believe that maintaining good interpersonal relationships is the key to long term business success. We undertake to remain true to our words and communicate openly and effectively. Ward prides itself on the adage “say what we mean and mean what we say”.
We believe in providing our clients with a superior product that has been constructed to the highest of standards. We hold numerous industry prequalifications and accreditations, including:
- Transport for NSW Prequalification to R4 (roadworks), B2 (bridges) and F100 (projects to $100M)
- Transport for NSW Authorised Engineering Organisation
- SafeWork NSW Friable Asbestos Removal Licence
- SafeWork NSW Restricted Demolition Licence
- Roads and Maritime Services Category X Demolition of Properties
- Roads and Maritime Services Category G Provision of Traffic Control
- Australian Government Building and Construction WHS Accreditation Scheme
- Sydney Water Contractor for W1, W2, S1 & S2
- Cm3 Contractor WHS Prequalification
- Prequalification with NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation
- Prequalification with NSW Health Infrastructure Construction Services
- Prequalification with ACT Government
- Compliant to Building Code 2016
Training & development
At Ward, we know that the success of our projects is based on our people. We are committed to the training and development of our loyal and dedicated team of experienced staff. Our training programs include not only on-the-job training, but also extend to company-wide employee certifications, especially with respect to safety.
The ongoing training and development of our staff has created a leadership-driven and high-performance culture, which will continue to enable us to excel in our industry.
Ward is actively committed to ensuring a zero harm work place. Our policies reflect the highest and most ethical standards in all areas of the business, and we are third party certified to International and Australian standards (Safety ISO 45001, Quality ISO 9001, and Environment ISO 14001).
For a copy of Ward’s policies please email email@example.com