There is nothing more important to us than the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and those that we work with. We believe that all people should return home safely from their place of work and recognise that the civil construction industry has its own inherent risks. The directors, management, and staff of Ward are committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment and we acknowledge tha
t this is a shared obligation for all personnel within the organisation. Ward holds accreditation with the Office of Federal Safety Commissioners (“OFSC”).
Ward’s comprehensive Workplace Health & Safety (“WHS”) Policy sets out the responsibilities of all employees and contractors engaged by Ward in the delivery of our services with respect to preventing incidents, accidents and occupational illnesses.
Ward’s greatest asset is its people and we continually strive for the elimination of injuries to our employees and our subcontractor’s employees. Our Corporate WHS Management System is designed to meet the requirements of AS 4801:2001 and incorporates documentation, implementation, maintenance and communication through our Corporate Business Management system. All directors, managers, supervisors, employees and subcontractors are responsible and accountable for the health and safety of our workplaces. We have undertaken to provide training to all of our staff in both their legal responsibilities and the operation of the management system.
- 2018 MBA Excellence in Construction Award for Site Safety – Civil Construction
Our quality system is certified in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 “Quality systems – Model for quality assurance in production, installation and servicing” and was obtained in 1994.
Ward was the recipient of the CCF Earth Award for Construction Excellence for the redevelopment of Scots Church.
- 2018 MBA National Civil/Infrastructure Award < $25M
- 2018 MBA NSW Excellence in Construction Award for Civil Engineering Projects – Open Price Category
Ward recognises that the business of civil engineering construction is amongst those industries that can have a significant impact on the environment. Our comprehensive Environmental Management System reflects our priority of ensuring that we are an environmentally friendly corporate citizen.
Our Environmental Management System (EMS) is accredited to AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004. Ward’s EMS has also been accredited by the NSW Government Construction Policy Committee since 1999 and we are a licensed WorkCover NSW Class A and B Asbestos Contractor (licence number AD204404).
Ward’s commitment to the environment is evidenced by the industry rewards that it has received for its superior attention to environmental management:
- NSW Winner of the CCF Earth Award for Environmental Engineering in 1998 for the restoration of Lady Robinson’s Beach
- NSW Winner of the CCF Earth Award in 2003 for the Greystanes Estate Environmental Management project
- NSW Finalist of the CCF Earth Award for Construction Excellence of the Pacific Place Development, Chatswood in 2004
- National Winner of the CCF Earth Award for the Scots Church Redevelopment project in 2005
- ACT Winner of the CCF Earth Award for the Eastern Valley Way Redevelopment project in 2013
- NSW Finalist of the CCF Earth Award for the St Peters Interchange project in 2016
- 2018 MBA NSW Excellence in Construction Award for Excellence in Environment
Ward undertakes environmental monitoring and auditing in accordance with every project that it undertakes.
At Ward, we strive to deliver ideal outcomes for our clients. Our technical and managerial experience ensures that our works are carried out within the limits of the specification and in accordance with the design. We are program focused, with a commitment to finishing on time and within budget. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and fostering a close relationship through the entire construction process; from planning and development, all the way through to construction and delivery. We deal with all of our clients in good faith and believe that openness and honesty drives superior outcomes for all parties.
We believe that civil engineering is the creative application of science to solve the infrastructure needs of humanity in our natural environment. Our point of difference is our ability to think laterally and provide smart solutions to our clients.
Integrity in our relationships
We believe that maintaining good interpersonal relationships is the key to long term business success. We undertake to remain true to our words and communicate openly and effectively. Ward prides itself on the adage “say what we mean and mean what we say”.
We believe in providing our clients with a superior product that has been constructed to the highest of standards. We hold numerous accreditations and certifications:
- R4 (roadworks), B2 (bridgeworks) and F75 ($75M financial level) prequalification with the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS);
- R4 (roadworks), B2 (bridgeworks) prequalification with the ACT Government;
- Contractor prequalification and best practice accreditation with the NSW Government;
- Federal Safety Commissioners (“FSC”) (“OFSC”) Accredited Contractor;
- CM3 Contractor WHS prequalified;
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority prequalified;
- Sydney Water accreditation;
- Restricted demolition licence; and
- Building Code 2013 compliant.
Training & development
At Ward, we know that the success of our projects is based on our people. We are committed to the training and development of our loyal and dedicated team of experienced staff. Our training programs include not only on-the-job training, but also extend to company-wide employee certifications, especially with respect to safety.
The ongoing training and development of our staff has created a leadership-driven and high-performance culture, which will continue to enable us to excel in our industry.
Ward is actively committed to ensuring a zero harm work place. Our policies reflect the highest and most ethical standards in all areas of the business, and we are third party certified to International and Australian standards (Environment ISO 14001, Quality ISO 9001 and Health and Safety AS 4801).
For a copy of Ward’s policies please email email@example.com