The primary purpose of the project is to effectively divert and discharge stormwater (up to a maximum 1:100-year rain event) around the active KRRC landfill area and safely discharge into the downstream creek. This will result in a range of benefits including allowing landfilling in Western Valley, increasing overall landfill life by 10-years and meeting Environmental Protection License requirements by improving stormwater management on site.
Scope of Works//
- Establishment and management of environmental controls for the project duration
- Clearing and grubbing of approximately 2.5ha of bushland
- 40,000m3 of bulk earthworks
- 1,800m3 of gabion retaining structures
- 250m of stormwater drainage
- Construction of a water management basin and outlet structures along with the associated landscaping