Ward was contracted by Pasminco Cockle Creek Smelter for remediation of a former zinc and lead smelter site on the NSW Central Coast. The project involved the construction of a contaminated cell and associated infrastructure for site remediation of the former Pasminco Cockle Creek Smelter Site. When Pasminco went into administration, the contract was novated to Fitzwater Group.
Scope of Works//
- Installation of groundwater cut off drains and leachate collection systems
- Construction of groundwater sump pits and pumping systems
- Placing of approximately 750,000m3 of contaminated soils
- Installation of HDPE and LLDPE cell liner systems
- Design and construction of a leachate treatment plant
- Construction of a containment cell capping system including native grass revegetation