As part of Transport for NSW’s Easing Sydney Congestion Program, this project was to widen the Princes Highway between King Georges Road and Torrens Street in Blakehurst. Works included three intersection upgrades to create four dedicated through lanes travelling northbound and three dedicated through lanes travelling southbound, effectively removing the existing tidal flow arrangement.
Scope of Works//
- Upgrade the Princes Highway, Water Street and Bunyala Street intersection
- Upgrade the Princes Highway and Church Street intersection
- Upgrade the Princes Highway and Torrens Street intersection
- Re-surface areas of the car park between Water Street and Church Street
- New pedestrian crossing facilities at Bunyala Street, Water Street and Torrens Street
- Utility relocations