WestConnex was Australia’s largest road infrastructure project, spanning 33km and linking Sydney’s west and south-west with the city, airport, and port. The project involved the removal of 140,000t of asbestos-contaminated material and 110,000t of general solid waste, reusable sands, plastics, and timber waste. As the Managing Contractor for the early works, Ward provided a cost-effective solution for the removal and demolition of structures, including a dilapidated weighbridge, sound wall, and concrete slabs. Ward also performed major land slip stabilisation works, preventing potential damage to adjoining properties.
Scope of Works//
- Preparation and implementation of site management plan
- Relocation of stockpiled material (including asbestos contaminated material) from the site to landfill and recycling facilities
- Processing of materials on-site to create product for future site works
- Construction of earth buttress to stabilise a landslip on the site boundary
- Provision of emergency works on the site
- Environmental and community management