Ward was delighted to participate in the recent University of Technology Sydney’s Girls in STEM tinker workshop for Year 7-10 students which is designed to encourage more females to choose a career in civil engineering.
The Ward team had a great time answering questions and helping out with the activity – creating a model structure using craft materials, within a set of climatic and socio-economic conditions.
“I enjoyed meeting female engineers/graduates. They provided me with a lot of insight on their field of work and aspects of being an engineer.” – Year 7 participant, 2020
“My favourite part of the workshop was when I got to meet female members of the Ward company.” – Year 7 participant, 2020
We hope we had a positive impact, and would love to see the girls on site in a few years’ time!
Thank you to Lauren Black WEIT Program Coordinator and the team from UTS for hosting us.
Thanks to the Ward team for giving up their time:
- Ying Feng, Undergraduate Engineer
- Kaylene Bosman, Safety Coordinator
- Danielle Amos, Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager
- Olivia Cowell, Estimator
- Vanessa Zbinden, Environmental Coordinator
- Olivia Bryce-Stark, Undergraduate Engineer
- Nicole Sandow, Undergraduate Engineer